Join our team as a Functional Safety Engineer, where you will work with our top Tier 1 client, producing top-notch lighting solutions.
Your responsibilities will encompass a detailed analysis of safety documentation from suppliers of integrated circuits, such as microcontrollers (MCUs), LED controllers, and single-board computers (SBCs). You'll also be involved in safety analyses to define the technical concept of safety, safety mechanisms, and drafting requirements.
For new projects, you'll take on a client-facing role, establishing responsibilities within the Design Interface Agreement (DIA), planning activities in the Safety Plan, reviewing Functional Safety (FuSa) requirements, building the Technical Safety Concept (TSC), defining necessary safety mechanisms, drafting the Technical Safety Report (TSR), reviewing system architecture, hardware schematics, and possibly software architecture.
- Analysis of customer safety requirements and strong technical support in the development of system architectural concepts.
- Planning and coordinating safety activities according to Development Interface Agreement (DIA) and Safety Plan in collaboration with the project leads.
- Leading design safety analysis to derive safety measures.
- Development of the technical safety concept and derivation of technical safety requirements.
- Close cooperation with cross-functional teams, including systems, hardware and software engineers.
- Possess a Bachelor's or Master degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or an equivalent fieldl
• Demonstrate a profound understanding of ISO 26262, showcasing a track record of a minimum of 2 years implementing the standard in automotive projects
• Proficient in safety analysis for System, Hardware, and Software, including expertise in FMEA, Common Cause Analysis, Dependent Failure Analysis, and FTA – Considered an advantage
• Practical experience in crafting and refining engineering and quality processes – Considered an advantage
• Exhibit adept negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written, given the customer-facing nature of the role
• Display robust mentoring and team-building capabilities
• Collaborative team player with the ability to thrive under tight deadlines in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, and multi-project environment
- A certification as an ISO26262 Automotive Functional Safety Professional is a plus